maximize your holiday marketing during the busy holiday season
It may still feel like summer, but the holiday season is just around the corner! Make sure your product is on everyone’s wish list this year by getting a head start on your ecommerce holiday marketing strategy.
Use this handy Holiday Campaign Checklist – full of our top recommendations and tips – to make sure you’re maximizing your success this holiday season!
Let’s get started
Do you want to take your holiday campaign to the next level and exceed your goals? Hagopian Ink specializes in ecommerce marketing and strategy, customized to your business’ goals and needs. Contact us and collaborate to make this your best year ever.
Set a Goal
- Clearly define the metrics you wish to surpass this year.
Create an Incentive
- Daily deals help keep customers and engaged and active.
- Consider 12 or 24 days of shopping promotions.
Know Your Audience
- Select best channels to target:
Tier 1: SEM, email marketing and social.
Tier 2: Digital and email combined with print and direct mail.
Segment Your List
- Divide your list into active customers and inactive customers.
- Focus on your active customers. Remind your inactive customers what they’re missing.
Create a Content Calendar
- Optimize timing. Study last year’s analytics to determine your busiest shopping times.
- Utilize your sales calendar and include Columbus Day, Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Christmas and New Years.
- Plan blog posts, social campaigns, mailings, and emails together.
- Factor in time for printing and delivery for mailings.
Think Mobile First
- Ensure your email templates and landing pages are mobile friendly. Your users will shop on their phones.
- Blog posts, social campaigns and emails should be scheduled on your calendar at this time.
- Gift guides like “gifts for him/her, 8 gifts for Hanukkah, gifts for the foodie, etc.” help ease the stress of holiday shopping.
Update Your Website
- Implement new features before the busy season begins. Consider enabling ‘one-click checkout’ for easy shopping.
- Utilize modals (pop-ups) to reach your audience with a specific message the minute they arrive on your site.
- Be sure your website and server can handle increased traffic.
- Test promo code functionality.
- Offer insider deals for subscribers and social followers.
Get Ready for Black Friday
- Send last minute reminders for Black Friday the week leading up to Thanksgiving.
- Plan omnichannel promotions for Black Friday and Cyber Monday (a percentage off, free shipping or BOGO).
Gear up for the Holidays
- Keep your audience up to date on cut-offs for shipping – standard shipping ends around Dec. 14th and express shipping ends around Dec. 22nd.
- Consider a gift card push on December 23rd, an easy gift that doesn’t require shipping.
- Create a countdown for shipping days to arrive on time for Santa or the last day of Hanukkah. Offer free shipping throughout the month.
After Holiday Sales
- December 26th begins holiday closeout sales. Promotion codes can help clear inventory.
Start Fresh for 2017
- Ask customers for feedback and reviews on products or shipping. Use this data to plan for 2017!